The behind closed doors Executive Not for Profit and NGO scholarships offer Executive women in the sector the opportunity to further expand and challenge their current leadership and business practices to further enhance the economic, social, cultural and environmental wellbeing of our society.
The scholarships take the form of an annual membership in the behind closed doors Executive membership valued at $7,500 plus GST. Thanks to the support of the Australian Government, in 2017 BCD funded scholarships were matched enabling us to offer two x 12-month memberships in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
Congratulations to 2017 recipients
- Cathie Brown and Kate Rush who were announced as the winners at our Connexions event in Adelaide on June 13. Read more….
- Jill Roche and Anne Holland who were awarded 2017 Scholarships in Melbourne. Read more….
- Caroline Watt and Tania Cecconi who were awarded Scholarships in Perth. Read more…..
- Joanne Mansfeild and Meaghan Heard who were awarded scholarships in Sydney. Read more….
Established in July 2008, the behind closed doors Executive Membership is exclusively for high level businesswomen to expand their knowledge and to share their vast amount of business experience within their peer group. The Executive Membership was formed for executive women and business owners so that members could speak openly and honestly about current and emerging issues businesswomen are faced with every day, with a group of like-minded women.
The membership’s objectives aim to:
• Provide a confidential businesswomen’s support network
• Mentor peers to accept greater professional challenges
• Provide an avenue for appropriate, challenging, executive and board level, cross industry, experiential learning from a group of outstanding business people
• Create a virtual board scenario where issues/challenges can be tabled with a high calibre, invaluable and diverse sounding board, in a strictly confidential environment
• Deliver professional development sessions to extend members personally and professionally
• Keep abreast of legislation, executive and directors issues and challenges, governance and best practice
The winners of the Executive scholarships will be assigned to a behind closed doors Executive group in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Perth. The Executive groups are facilitated by high level, experienced Executives and Board Directors. The groups meet 10/11 times a year and each session runs for three hours in a Boardroom located in the CBD.
The winner of the behind closed doors scholarships will also receive:
• A professional sounding board in a safe environment to speak openly and honestly about their challenges, strategies and issues
• Access to a select executive women’s network and referral sources
• Professional and personal development in a stimulating environment
• Exposure and introductions to senior people in business and government
• Private sessions with local identities and guest speakers
• Invitations to Quarterly Businesswomen’s Connexions (network) functions
• Opportunities for Board Directorships
Visit our Executive Membership page for further details.
The behind closed doors Executive membership is designed for high level businesswomen and leaders of Not for Profit/NGO organisations. To be eligible, you must currently be in an executive leadership role (i.e. CEO, Managing Director, and General Manager) and can demonstrate:
• An ability to develop and maintain the sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of a Not for Profit/NGO organisation
• Innovative and progressive leadership
• A high level of integrity and positive value
• Why the scholarship will benefit you
• How the scholarship will benefit your organisation
Finalists must be
- Open to receiving publicity for participating in/receiving the Scholarship
- Available for finalist interviews
- Available to attend the announcement networking event
- Able to attend monthly meetings based in the city/city fringe
To apply for the behind closed doors Executive scholarship you must complete the online application form or request a copy of the form from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to nominate a business woman who would benefit from a behind closed doors scholarship, please provide their name, business and contact details. Submit your nomination via email to email@example.com
Upon receipt of written applications, a shortlist of 6 finalists will be invited to attend a 30 minute panel interview.
- 2017 Applications now complete. Get in touch to be notified of 2018 dates.
For any enquiries, please contact behind closed doors on 08 8333 4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org