Congratulations to Lisa Weber who was awarded the 2017 Executive Assistant Scholarship in May. Read more…
Nominations for the 2017 Executive Assistant’s Scholarship membership in Adelaide are now closed.
The behind closed doors EA membership was created for EAs and PAs to develop their skills and networks. EA and PA roles within an organisation are demanding, highly influential and they represent the thoughts and views of the Executive they support. Success as an EA doesn’t come easily. To thrive within the upper echelons of an organisation, you must be able to work effectively with all kinds of people and forge strong business relationships.
Since 2013, behind closed doors has offered an annual scholarship to an Executive Assistant to receive a 12-month behind closed doors EA membership in Adelaide.
Previous EA Scholarship recipients in Adelaide have included:
2017: Lisa Weber, EA RSPCA South Australia
2016: Jemma Buck, EA to the Director and Chief Executive, Adelaide Fringe
2015: Renee Edwards, EA, NCVER
2014: Tricia Margrie, EA, QBE
2013: Amanda Powers, EA, Kelly & Co
The Executive Assistant’s Membership aims to:
- Develop emotional intelligence, strategic thinking and confidence
- Deliver practical skills sessions
- Provide a confidential professional women’s EA and PA support network
- Extend individuals personally and professionally
- Increase the calibre and expertise of EAs and PAs within organisations
- Enhance professionalism and strategic awareness
The winner of the scholarship will be assigned to a behind closed doors EA group in Adelaide with members of similar skill and expertise.
Executive Assistant groups meet 10 times a year and each session runs for two hours from 8am-10am at a Boardroom located in the city or city fringe and includes morning tea.
The winner of the behind closed doors Executive Assistant’s Scholarship will also receive:
- Access to a select executive women’s network
- Professional and personal development in a stimulating environment
- Private sessions with local identities and guest speakers
- Opportunities to discuss professional and personal challenges and strategies in a supportive women’s forum
- Invitations to Businesswomen’s Connexions (network) functions
The behind closed door EA membership is designed for EAs and PAs who are aspiring to extend themselves further to achieve and succeed in their environments. To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you must currently be in an EA or PA role and can demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and organisational ability
- Dedication and a professional approach to your vocation
- How the scholarship will benefit you
- How the scholarship will benefit your organisation
Applications are now closed.
Nominate an EA/PA that you know who would benefit from a behind closed doors EA scholarship by providing their name, business and contact details. The next step is for the nominated candidate to complete an application. Click here to nominate a candidate.
- The 2017 EA Scholarship is now closed.
For enquiries of how you can obtain an Executive Assistants membership, please contact, behind closed doors on 08 8333 4303 or email email@example.com