behind closed doors Executive is a membership exclusively for high level businesswomen to expand their knowledge and share their vast amount of business experience within their peer group. Members are placed in a cohort of like-minded women from a wide variety of industries to meet 11 times a year at a CBD boardroom.
“BCD has really helped me to be more influential and to expand my network. Even though I had a good network – the women of the group have absolutely widened that and enabled me to build a network of influence.” Adelaide Executive Member, 2017.
Executive group members meet for three hours, 11 times a year, to share challenges and issues, opportunities and networks, set goals and be held accountable.
“When I come back from a meeting I feel really empowered.” Adelaide Executive Member, 2017
The Executive Membership was formed for executive women and business owners so that members could speak openly and honestly about current and emerging issues businesswomen are faced with everyday, with a group of like-minded women.
“Being a part of BCD is providing me an opportunity to be in a space I never dreamt I would be in and I absolutely enjoy the time I get to talk to the women in my group.” Adelaide Executive Member, 2017.
Objectives of behind closed doors Executive
The objectives of behind closed doors Executive are to:
- Provide a confidential executive women’s support network
- Mentor peers to accept greater professional challenges
- Provide an avenue for appropriate, challenging, executive and board level, cross industry, experiential learning from a group of outstanding business people
- Creating a virtual board scenario where issues/challenges can be tabled with a high calibre, invaluable and diverse sounding board, in a strictly confidential environment
- Deliver professional development sessions to extend members personally and professionally
- Keep abreast of legislation, executive and directors issues and challenges, governance and best practice
Behind Closed Doors sessions provide members with a professional sounding board in a safe environment to speak openly and honestly about their challenges, strategies and issues.
Members support each other to be more effective in their executive and business roles and provide the tools to expand and grow to the benefit of their organisation. Attending every session requires a commitment from members and their employers (if applicable). But the benefits are more than worth it. This is time invested outside of the business thinking about the business on a strategic level and can deliver insights and “light bulb” moments as well as offering assistance with operational and life issues, professional development, mentoring, business and connecting/networking opportunities, and support to attain executive and board positions.
High level, experienced Executives and Board Directors facilitate each Group and Members are personally assigned to groups based on their experience, industry sector and personal and professional needs. Personality has a role to play too. We ensure there are no professional conflicts of interest at all times.
“There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
- 11 sessions per annum
- Three hours over a light lunch from 12noon until 3pm or with afternoon tea from 2pm – 5pm
- CBD venue
- Each Group is capped at 15 members
- Investment – Annual membership fee with monthly payment option. Contact us today for details.
“I think the key is for women not to set any limits”
To discuss what you would like to get from a behind closed doors membership, express your interest today. One of our team will discuss your needs to ensure a membership can be matched that will enable you to achieve your professional goals.