Would you benefit from 12-months peer to peer mentoring, professional development and networking opportunities? Apply today and YOU could receive a 12-month fully funded BCD Luminaries membership suitable for women in mid-career/ management stage of their career.
Luminaries members hold manager (of staff or stakeholders) level positions within an organisation. This membership is not suitable for Executives or Entrepreneurs/Business Owners.
behind closed doors Luminaries membership was created in response to a need for aspiring businesswomen and managers to have a support network where they can discuss professional issues and challenges in a totally confidential environment, while at the same time encourage each other to extend themselves further to achieve and succeed in new environments.
Members meet for three hours, ten times a year, for peer to peer mentoring, professional development and networking with like-minded women. Outside of this further professional development, networking and mentorship opportunities are provided to members amongst the wider BCD community at a national level. Scholarship recipients are placed into a Luminaries membership in either Adelaide, Perth, Sydney or Melbourne with a fully funded 12-month membership.
Since 2012, behind closed doors has offered an annual scholarship to an aspiring female leader to receive a 12-month behind closed doors Luminaries membership in Adelaide.
Previous Luminaries Scholarship recipients have included:
2016: Toni Richardson, Manager Engagement and Development, Department for Education and Child Development
2015: Rebecca Lawson, Central Sales Manager, Newscorp
2014: Penny Griggs, General Manager, SALA Festival
2013: Melissa Thredgold, Deputy Principal, St Johns Grammar Junior School
2012: Teresa Yeing, Transformation Consultant, Viterra
The objectives of the Luminaries membership is to:
- Deliver practical management and leadership sessions to generate more effective leaders.
- Provide a confidential businesswomen’s support network.
- Extend individuals personally and professionally.
- Encourage and support members to nominate for Board and committee positions.
- Mentor peers to accept greater professional challenges and roles.
- Assist members to participate in awards programs such as the Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
- Increase the calibre and expertise of female managers and leaders within organisations.
- Provide a clear development path for women moving through to executive roles.
Luminaries groups meet 10 times a year. Each session runs for three hours from 12pm to 3pm at a Boardroom located at one of our supporters and includes a light lunch.
behind closed doors Luminaries members also receive:
- Automatic inclusion into the BoardDirect register
- Access to a select executive women’s network
- Professional and personal development in a stimulating environment
- Exposure and introductions to senior people in business and government
- Private sessions with local identities and guest speakers
- Opportunities to discuss professional and personal challenges and strategies in a supportive women’s forum
- Invitations to Businesswomen’s Connexions (network) events
- Opportunities for Board Directorships
- Mentoring with a behind closed doors Executive group member
Visit our Luminaries Membership page for further details.
behind closed doors Luminaries is designed for businesswomen and leaders of the future who are aspiring to move into executive management positions. To be eligible, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership ability and exceptional teamwork
- Why the scholarship will benefit you
- How the scholarship will benefit your organisation
- Complete the online application form.
Applications for 2019 are closed.
Finalists must be
- Open to receiving publicity for participating in/receiving the Scholarship
- Available for finalist interviews on Monday February 4, 2019
- Available to attend the announcement networking event Tuesday February 12, 2019
- Able to attend monthly meetings based in the city/city fringe beginning March 2019
If you would like to nominate a business woman who would benefit from a behind closed doors Luminaries scholarship, please provide their name, business and contact details. Submit your nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Closed Thursday January 24, 2019.
Upon receipt of written applications, a shortlist of 6 finalists will be invited to attend a 30 minute panel interview on Monday February 4, 2019.
- December 2018 – Scholarships launched
- Thursday January 24, 2019 @ 5pm Applications Close
- Monday February 4, 2019, Panel Interviews for Finalists in Adelaide
- Tuesday February 12, 2019 Adelaide Scholarship recipient announced at Back to Business Dinner
- March 2019 Scholarship recipients commence the first of their 12-month fully funded Luminaries membership
For scholarship enquiries, please contact, behind closed doors Program Manager on 08 8333 4303 or email email@example.com
For enquiries of how you can obtain a Luminaries membership, please contact behind closed doors on 08 8333 4303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org