Program Director, All Adelaide Executive Groups
The founder of DW Bottom Line Pty Ltd (Bottomline) Transition Strategists™ and DW Behind Closed Doors Pty Ltd, Donny Walford has an enviable record of success working with boards and senior management across industry, government and the not-for-profit sector.
With an extensive background in banking, finance, business services, marketing and human resources, Donny works at the Board and Executive level of management to drive major strategic change.
Donny’s unique approach is hard to emulate as it is based on her qualities of fearlessness, insight, dynamism and intelligence coupled with her experience across diverse industry sectors. These qualities enable her to traverse sensitive ground, helping Boards, executive teams and individuals transition from where they are today to where they need to be in the future.
Through her businesses Bottomline and Behind Closed Doors, Donny assists organisations and individuals maximise their performance by seven critical program offerings:
- Behind Closed Doors (Businesswomen’s membership)
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Directors Network (Directors program for men and women)
- BoardDirect (Board placement program)
- Business BootCamp (Organisational Restructures/Process and Business Improvement/Strategic and Business Planning/Facilitation)
- Interim Management (Business Coaching & Interim Placements)
Donny’s background is at the Executive and senior management level of banking, finance, human resources and government over a period of 34 years. She led the sales, marketing and banking division of Australia’s leading Executive Recruitment Company, Morgan & Banks, (now Hudson Ltd) before being appointed as General Manager, Marketing and Business Development, with the SA Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry, trading as Business SA.
She joined the South Australian Government as Executive Director of Invest South Australia, responsible for investment from interstate and overseas. She was also the inaugural Chief Executive, Defence Unit, a division of the Department of Trade and Economic Development. Donny was then appointed Chief Executive Officer, vivasa Inc. formerly known as Business Vision 2010. The organisation worked collaboratively with government, industry and community to drive economic, social and environmental development in South Australia. Donny was appointed Chair of TEC 56 (The Executive Connection).
Current Board Directorships include:
- 2005 – current Director, KeyInvest Ltd
- 2005 – current Chairman, Finance and Investment committee, KeyInvest Ltd
- 2012 – current Member, Remuneration and Nomination committee, KeyInvest Ltd
- 2008 – current Director, Australian Associated Advisers Pty Ltd
- 2014 – current Membership Committee Director, International Women’s Forum Australia
- 2015 – current Director, SYC Hypa 100 Board
- 2015 – current Director, Heart Foundation of Australia (SA)
- 2015 – current Advisory Board Member, NDA Law
- 2015 – current Director, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- 2015 – current Member, Audit and Risk and Member, Finance committee, ABC
Donny was Chairman of the Australian Dance Theatre (2005 to 2008), Director of the Social Inclusion Board (2002 to 2004) and Director of the Zero Waste Management Board (2003 to 2007). Other affiliations and memberships include the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD) and Next Generation Fitness Club. She is a graduate of the Macquarie University Executive Management Program, is a Fellow and holds a Graduate Diploma from the AICD and an Associate Diploma in Accounting.
Donny won the Asia Pacific Business Council for Women “Woman of Distinction Award” – Economic Development & Investment category. She was also a National judge for the Telstra Business Women of the Year Awards and National judge for the Business Awards.
Donny Walford is a passionate and inspirational speaker. Her keynote topics include:
- Business Planning
- Business Start Up/Commencing a New Business
- Career Sponsors vs Mentors
- Closing the Sale
- Coaching vs Mentoring
- Creating a Powerful Presence
- Domestic Violence – What can Business Do?
- Donny’s Top Tips – Her Story
- Elevator Pitch
- How to be an Effective Evaluator
- How to Prepare a Business Case
- Negotiating and Influence
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Personal Brand
- Strategic Planning and Strategic Thinking
- The Art of Influencing
- Unconscious Bias