Ken Meek applies his extensive all-round experience in organisations of all types, within the private sector and governments, to generate practical solutions that maximise business performances.
He is quick to determine key strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and if invited will work alongside management ‘hands on’ inside their businesses, in a very practical way, until the desired outcome is achieved.
He is an experienced coach, mentor and facilitator. His friendly demeanour coupled with a sharp astute mind instils
confidence and produces impressive outcomes.
He holds qualifications in marketing and accounting and is the recipient of an export award from the Australian
He has been strategic advisor to Elgas, Australia’s largest LPG distributor, elite major customer management team for six years. He mentored nine chosen leaders for the executive office of the Government of Dubai, which has led to him
to an assignment in the establishment of the newly formed Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Authority. He is a former Australian Chief Executive Officer and Australian board representative of the UK- based Inchape Pty Ltd, General
Manager of Elders Pastoral, Managing Director of Tolley Wines Pty Ltd and General Manager of Amatil/Inghams poultry division.
He launched Woolworths/Commonwealth EZY Banking program in Australia. He is President of the South Australian chapter of the Australia India Business Council that was named International Chamber of the Year 2008 by the Council for International Trade and Commerce SA. He is chair of a Langhorne Creek vineyard complex.
His extensive experience in major corporations is applied in a very practical way to achieve exceptional results for
clients’ businesses, boards and senior management. He is quick to determine the key strengths and weaknesses of a business, its products and services, and its people. He works alongside them until strategic goals are reached.
Some notable achievements are:
- Working with a loss making motor dealership and turning it into a profitable company that went on to be named the Regional then National Dealer of the Year.
- On behalf of a major bank working with a failing commuter airline and turning a loss into profit in just one year.
- Building a small forestry harvesting company, operating in just one state, into the nations largest with vineyard and wine interests added.
- Successfully negotiating the first ever contract for the sale of live oysters between Australia and Japan.
- Mentored three Dubai executives – one was subsequently awarded Arab Business Women of the Year (2006) and one was awarded Dubai Employee of the Year (2007).
In partnership prepared the case and the winning tender document for the movements of Oxiana’s copper concentrate at its Prominent Hill mine (SA) to China.
Ken specialises in maximizing business performances, strategic and change management.