Not for Profit and NGO organisations play a vital role in our society and are the social fabric that holds our community together. Imagine the benefit you could bring to yourself and your organisation as a result of 12-months fully funded membership to behind closed doors membership.
A year of professional development, peer-to-peer mentoring and networking opportunities to take your career, and your organisation, to the next level. BCD’s Scholarship program is not an Award for the best, most accomplished and impressive business woman, but rather a scholarship to provide an opportunity to a female looking for a challenge and avenue to grow and develop herself and her fellow members.
The behind closed doors Executive Not for Profit and NGO scholarships offer Executive women in the sector the opportunity to further expand and challenge their current leadership and business practices to further enhance the economic, social, cultural and environmental wellbeing of our society.
The scholarships take the form of an annual membership in the behind closed doors Sydney Executive membership valued at $7,500 plus GST. Thanks to the support of the Australian Government, in 2017 we are offering two x 12-month fully funded memberships.
What is a behind closed doors Executive Membership?
Established in July 2008, the behind closed doors Executive Membership is exclusively for high level businesswomen to expand their knowledge and to share their vast amount of business experience within their peer group. The Executive Membership was formed for executive women and business owners so that members could speak openly and honestly about current and emerging issues businesswomen are faced with every day, with a group of like-minded women.
The membership’s objectives aim to:
• Provide a confidential businesswomen’s support network
• Mentor peers to accept greater professional challenges
• Provide an avenue for appropriate, challenging, executive and board level, cross industry, experiential learning from a group of outstanding business people
• Create a virtual board scenario where issues/challenges can be tabled with a high calibre, invaluable and diverse sounding board, in a strictly confidential environment
• Deliver professional development sessions to extend members personally and professionally
• Keep abreast of legislation, executive and directors issues and challenges, governance and best practice
The winners of the Executive scholarships will be assigned to a behind closed doors Executive group in Sydney. The Executive groups are facilitated by high level, experienced Executives and Board Directors. The groups meet 11 times a year and each session runs for three hours in a Boardroom located in the CBD.
The recipient of the behind closed doors Executive scholarships will also receive:
• A professional sounding board in a safe environment to speak openly and honestly about their challenges, strategies and issues
• Access to a select executive women’s network and referral sources
• Professional and personal development in a stimulating environment
• Exposure and introductions to senior people in business and government
• Private sessions with local identities and guest speakers
• Invitations to Businesswomen’s Connexions (network) functions
• Opportunities for Board Directorships
Visit our Executive Membership page for further details.
The behind closed doors Executive membership is designed for high level businesswomen and leaders of Not for Profit/NGO organisations (including Universities). To be eligible, you must currently be in an executive leadership role (i.e. CEO, Managing Director, and General Manager) and can demonstrate:
• An ability to develop and maintain the sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of a Not for Profit/NGO organisation
• Innovative and progressive leadership
• A high level of integrity and positive value
• Why the scholarship will benefit you
• How the scholarship will benefit your organisation
To apply for the behind closed doors Executive scholarship you must submit:
- in 1,000 words or less, an application addressing the above eligibility criteria
- a one-page curriculum vitae and
- a high resolution head and shoulders professional photo of yourself that can be used on our website/social media and in any media announcements relating to the Behind Closed Doors Scholarship. By submitting your photograph, you agree to grant Behind Closed Doors a perpetual, royalty-free, non exclusive right to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, make available to the public and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your photograph worldwide.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 12 July. Please title your email Sydney Executive NFP/NGO Scholarship Application.
If you would like to nominate a business woman who would benefit from a behind closed doors scholarship, please provide their name, business and contact details. Submit your nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please title your email Sydney Executive NFP/NGO Scholarship Nomination.
Upon receipt of written applications, a shortlist of finalists will be invited to attend a 30 minute panel interview in Sydney CBD. Finalists will be scheduled an interview time on W/C 17 July 2017.
The finalists will be invited to attend the behind closed doors Connexions event to be held Tuesday July 25 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. The recipient of the scholarship will be announced publicly at this event.
Finalists must be
- Open to receiving publicity for participating in/receiving the Scholarship
- Available for finalist interviews to be held w/c 17 July 2017.
- Available to attend the announcement networking event to be held 5:30pm Tuesday 25 July 2017.
- Based in Sydney and able to attend monthly meetings based in the city/city fringe
- Wednesday 12 July 5pm, Applications Close
- w/c 17 July 2017, Finalist Panel Interviews
- Tuesday 25 July 2017. 5:30pm, Winner Announced at Connexions Networking Event
For scholarship enquiries, please contact Kristy Ashton, behind closed doors Scholarship Manager on 08 8333 4303 or email email@example.com
For enquiries of how you can obtain an Executive membership, please contact behind closed doors on 08 8333 4303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org