Wendy Teasdale‐Smith is a high profile educator of considerable standing. She combines a diverse career background with over 25 years with experience across the government, commercial and not‐ for‐profit sectors. Her career experience also includes working across the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors. This diverse background means that she combines a commitment to the difference education makes to lives, with a keen business and commercial focus.
Wendy’s diversity of career experiences has made her an asset to the various boards – on a state and national level. Her experience in turning around organisations in crisis, or experiencing downturn, means she understands how to lead organisations through cultural and operational change. She is a natural influencer, with considerable skills at positioning her organisations in order to make the most of any opportunities. These skills have also been highly valued by a variety of boards.
Key Competencies / Capabilities
- Strategic Leadership
- Business savvy ‐ financial acumen
- Natural aptitude public relations and marketing
- Innovative leadership
- Australian College Of Educators (ACE) : 2010‐ 2008
- Australian National Council on Drugs (ANCD): 2010 ‐ 2007
- Australian Secondary Principals Association (ASPA): 2008 – 2005
- ACE Board – worked with the Denise Bradley, National President on governance restructure in line with Corporations Act
- ANCD – negotiated funding for national research projects re drug education in schools
- ASPA – Managed national research in teacher shortage, beginning teacher shortage and school leader welfare – significant impact on Government policy directions.