National Mentor and Coach
The founder of DW Bottom Line Pty Ltd (Bottomline) Transition Strategists™ and DW Behind Closed Doors Pty Ltd, Donny Walford has an enviable record of success working with boards and senior management across industry, government and the not-for-profit sector.
With an extensive background in banking, finance, business services, marketing and human resources, Donny works at the Board and Executive level of management to drive major strategic change.
Donny’s unique approach is hard to emulate as it is based on her qualities of fearlessness, insight, dynamism and intelligence coupled with her experience across diverse industry sectors. These qualities enable her to traverse sensitive ground, helping Boards, executive teams and individuals transition from where they are today to where they need to be in the future.
Through her businesses Bottomline and Behind Closed Doors, Donny assists organisations and individuals maximise their performance by seven critical program offerings:
- Behind Closed Doors (Executive Women’s program)
- Taking Care of Business (Executive program for men and women)
- Directors Network (Board Directors program)
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Management (Business Coaching and Interim CEO and Management placements)
- BoardDirect (Board Placement program)
- Business BootCamp (strategic planning, facilitation, organisational restructures, business reengineering)
- Transition Management
Donny’s background is at the executive and senior management level of banking, finance, human resources, business services, government and NFP over a period of 30+ years. She led the sales and marketing division of Morgan & Banks (Hudson Ltd), for four years before being appointed as General Manager, Marketing and Business Development, with the SA Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry, trading as Business SA.
In 2002, she joined the South Australian Government as Executive Director of Invest South Australia responsible for business investment from interstate and overseas. She was also the Inaugural Chief Executive, Defence Unit, a division of the Department of Trade and Economic Development, until February 2004.
In June 2004, Donny was appointed as Chief Executive Officer, vivasa inc (Business Vision 2010). The organisation worked collaboratively with government, industry, higher education and community to drive economic, social and environmental development in South Australia.
Current Board Directorships include:
- Director, KeyInvest Ltd (and Chairman, Finance and Investment committee and member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee)
- Director, Australian Associated Advisers Pty Ltd
- Membership Committee Director, International Women’s Forum Australia
- Director, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
Donny was Chairman of the Australian Dance Theatre (2005 to 2008), Director of the Social Inclusion Board (2002 to 2004) and Director of the Zero Waste Management Board (2003 to 2007). Other affiliations and memberships include the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD) and Next Generation Fitness Club. She is a graduate of the Macquarie University Executive Management Program, is a Fellow and holds a Graduate Diploma from the AICD and an Associate Diploma in Accounting.
In August 2007 Donny won the Asia Pacific Business Council for Women “Woman of Distinction Award” – Economic Development & Investment category. She was also a National judge for the Telstra Business Women of the Year Awards and National judge for the Business Awards.
Donny was appointed Chair of TEC 56 (The Executive Connection) in July 2008 until July 2010.
Donny Walford is a passionate and inspirational speaker. Her keynote topics include:
- Business Planning
- Business Start Up/Commencing a New Business
- Career Sponsors vs Mentors
- Closing the Sale
- Coaching vs Mentoring
- Creating a Powerful Presence
- Domestic Violence – What can Business Do?
- Donny’s Top Tips – Her Story
- Elevator Pitch
- How to be an Effective Evaluator
- How to Prepare a Business Case
- Negotiating and Influence
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Personal Brand
- Strategic Planning and Strategic Thinking
- The Art of Influencing
- Unconscious Bias